What's the worst movie you've ever seen?

James Steven Beverly

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we?re including films that are wonderfully awful I?ll add ?Clash of the Titans.? Haven?t seen it in years, but if memory serves it?s the most enjoyable piece of trash I?ve ever seen. Plus come on, films that are wonderfully awful Olivier as Zeus?what more could you want.

No, I'm sorry, we're only doing the worst films you've ever seen today, films that are wonderfully awful are listed on Tuesdays and alternate Saturdays except, of course, in February which has been designated as a "Free to List" month and as for what more I could want, maybe Olivier dressed in white leather fighting Halli Berry and Denise Richards in the shower.

• 3 weeks later...

"The Guy From Harlem" from 1977 is the worst movie. I have seen other movies that have some or many truly bad aspects to them but this one manages to be awful in every aspect. It reminds me of first-year student films but worse and feature length. The fact that this was released in theaters is hard to comprehend as to how it happened. If you don't believe me check out what people on IMDB have said. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0175694/

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned more Mystery Science Theater 3000 movies. If you're going to watch bad movies, you should absolutely go the MST3K route. It makes the experience much more enjoyable.

Manos: The Hands of Fate is one of the best episodes. The film is absolutely terrible! It was made by this guy Hal Warren, a fertilizer salesman. He made a bet with a screenwriter that he could make a movie, and thus "Manos" came to be.

Another great episode is David Worth's Mad Max rip-off Warrior of the Lost World. Another ridiculous story here -- the producers of the film apparently designed a poster and started advertising the movie before they even had a script. David Worth was hired to come up with any script and make any movie he wanted, as long as it matched the advertising campaign.

There are plenty more crappy-but-great MST3K movies. Look 'em up using BitTorrent.

• Premium Member
Another ridiculous story here -- the producers of the film apparently designed a poster and started advertising the movie before they even had a script.

That doesn't seem too far off from what goes on in the studios these days.

Salo by Pasolini was the worst movie Ive ever seen, and i made a thread about it a couple months ago.

rape poop more rape, more poop, german butt sex, end point.

Also Little Black Book, My girl begged me to take her, and I did, after 30 minutes she started apologizing during the film, that was the first and last time we saw a studio chic flick.

actually, little black book might be worse, at least salo had a plot line that made sense.

lol

kirk

I cant believe some of the stuff i'm reading, 'Lost in translation' -that's ridiculous!!!

No matter if you liked the story or not it has some artistic merit (its shot, directed and cut well) unlike many other films out there. I also think that certain films are SUPOSED to be bad and so shouldn't even be mentioned like 'Eight legged freaks' is horendously bad but was meant to be that way. For me the worst film I have ever seen that was totally not intended to be bad was 'Battlefield Earth', not because of scientology but it just was TERRIBLE in EVERY way, also what's up with the stupid unmotivated dutch angles throughout the entire piece???? Well annoying. The only good thing about it was that I was slightly amused by Travolta's constant over use of the term "Rat Brain" that was quite funny, but not intentionally.

Also any film Made by Master-P is horrendous (and he makes one every month it seems like) and they too are very serious, they make Student films look well thought out.

Great list we've all put together, but I'm sorry to say that there is one that I hope no one has seen because it very well could be the worst film ever assembled. It's called CAGED TERROR, and comes from the wasteland of the mid - 70's 'counter culture' that never was. Set in the south... what a shock... with takes so long of people crying that it really looks like the camera op didn't have any idea as to how to turn the camera off! Two villans who 'just got back from 'nam' yet have blacksploitation sized afros, terrorize a couple who roll around the grassy fields until they eventually seek shelter in a chicken coop.

-- the producers of the film apparently designed a poster and started advertising the movie before they even had a script. David Worth was hired to come up with any script and make any movie he wanted, as long as it matched the advertising campaign.

AIP did this quite abit in its early days.

They'd show the posters at theatre owner conferences and if enough theatre owners said they'd play the movie,usually double bills, they'd make the movie.

Usually Sam Arkoff's brother-in-law would write the script.

One of the reasons why AIP posters were frequently better than the movies.

"Come; help me cut the choice meats."

Gentlemen*, for my money "Yor: The Hunter From the Future" is hands-down the worst movie ever made.

A spectacular piece of excrement (I actually think the word 'craptastic' originated shortly after the theatrical release) that was, shockingly, made by the Italians. The film chronicles the adventures of a warrior in a post-apocalyptic world populated with (a) dinosaurs and (b) mutants, where everyone spoke textbook-precise perfectly-enunciated English. Plus there was a Darth Vader ripoff bad guy, who gets killed with, of all things, a giant candy cane.

When you look up B-movie in the dictionary, there's Yor, smiling back at you. The thing is, I don't think they were trying to make a campy B-movie. I don't actually know anyone involved in the making of this film, but I tend to think they were serious. That makes it even funnier.

It's even worse than "Flash Gordon."

Not to be missed.

-------

Oh, also, the 1991 Stallone film, "Oscar."

I was astounded to hear that some folks enjoyed it. I think it's a textbook example of bad comedic timing and lame humor in general. It just wasn't entertaining.

But you know what they say about tastes. No accounting.

-------

*And ladies too, of course. I'd like English to have a nice, non-gender-specific pronoun that conveys the same connotation that 'gentlemen' does, but alas, the language fails us.

Edited by Julius

Worst films I have ever saw consists of:

1) Cannonball Run 2

2) Emmanuella- First Contact

3) Karate Kid III <- like to apoligize as "The Next Karate Kid" was much worse

4) Any Kevin Smith film outside of the original Clerks

5) Lost in Translation

6) Ernest goes to Camp

7) Butterfly Effect 2

8) Anaconda

9) Mulletville

10) Blair Witch Project

BUT, the worst film I have ever watched was my first short. Talk about total garbage.

A good bad movies list, but I'd add Bubble (2005/I) to Mr. Philliips list.

• Premium Member
A good bad movies list, but I'd add Bubble (2005/I) to Mr. Philliips list.

Wow, a movie that received critical raves from many respected critics (and one I liked a lot) is the worst movie you've ever seen? Quite surprising.

• 3 weeks later...

Elephant... Gus Van Sant's masterpeice... Then again, I don't watch a whole lot of low budget, or expertamental films either. I'm mainly a hollywood-film watcher. So my opinion of Elephant as the worst movie I ever seen could be because I don't watch that many movies that are artsy, experamental or really really low budget.

Then again, maybe Its not BAD, maybe I just dont care for movies that do nothing but follow people around all day. It's more boring than watching paint dry.

• Premium Member

I'm still trying to figure out in what reality L'Avventura, Lost in Translation, and Elephant are bad films. One person's masterpiece is another's nightmare I guess.

The worst one that I've come across is Desperate Teenage Lovedolls. I thought I was getting a punk rock exploitation movie and it turns out to be a PG-rated mess filmed in 8mm (not very well I might add) set to a glam rock soundtrack. Also stay away from Live Freaky Die Freaky, the only redeeming value it has is a scene of a pregnant Sharon Tate snorting cocaine before she is murdered. Otherwise, tasteless!

And I thought Clash of the Titans and Starship Troopers were entertaining. :unsure:

Elephant... Gus Van Sant's masterpeice... Then again, I don't watch a whole lot of low budget, or expertamental films either. I'm mainly a hollywood-film watcher.

well, that's your loss.

(assuming you ment 'experimental')

Edited by Alex Haspel

I can't imagine anything worse than "Starship Troopers".

art forum named starship troopers as one of the 10 most artistic achievements of 1997, for its unbridled use of irony. the story is so "ra-ra hooray for our hypocritical fascist society" all the way through to the last frame that it left me with an uneasy feeling, which is probably exactly what verhoeven wanted. it's almost like he conned the studio into making a big budget conceptual art film by distracting them with all the effects/gore, and by keeping the tone "positive".

---

the film SFW is hollywood at its worst-- thinking it can take elements from various independent films and cram them into a typically dumb script and cast a bunch of pretty people. it's painful to watch.