Fuji Eterna Vivid 160

Would I be eligible for a roll?

Ring them up and ask for some - tell them the truth, that you are young, eager, motivated, talented and blather on about all and sundry online so it would be good marketing ;)

I reckon you have a chance - however, are you shooting 35mm yet ? do they have 16mm ? let alone super8...

Would I be eligible for a roll?

I spoke with a Fuji rep here in the states last week and she said that it is already available and they have been selling it. They are doing a presentation at Raleigh Studios in LA on April 26. Both 16 and 35 are available. I can't wait to see it.

Chris

Ring them up and ask for some - tell them the truth, that you are young, eager, motivated, talented and blather on about all and sundry online so it would be good marketing ;)

I reckon you have a chance - however, are you shooting 35mm yet ? do they have 16mm ? let alone super8...

I'll give it a go.

And have the stock cut down.

I'll give it a go.

And have the stock cut down.

where do you get it cut down ? I'd love to be able to do that with some of the stills stock available, super8 Infrared time-lapse etc... and I"m up in the UK about once a year - processing would be an issue tho unless its B+W (here in NZ at least) - can they cut to 16mm ?

• Premium Member
Is it just me seeing a possible candidate as a Super 8 stock that Auto-Only cameras can use? :)

160 is one of the two valid ASA settings for 1972-80 super 8 cameras. of course since Fuji is not currently making any "super 8" film (they apperently still make unexconmicaly small quanites of "Single 8" as a mater of pride...) it is HIGHLY unlikly they thay would try to do that.

Anyone who si doing Super 8 Professionaly would not bother with thinking of using a consumer camera.

I just shot my Vivid tests this past week. Hopefully will be able to watch footage early next week (too busy shooting for now).

Have some other news about the stock, though. Turns out that Dick Pope is using it for a sizeable chunk of the latest Mike Leigh film, which has just started production. So keep an eye out for that.

• Premium Member

I haven't used the stock yet, though I am doing some stock tests next week and am thinking about adding it to the list of stocks.

Also, welcome to the forum (though you have been registered for a while, your first post)!

Can I make a polite request that this thread be continued on the Film Stocks and Processing forum ?

So much stuff going on I'm afraid I'll forget to look here in Lighting for followups (which I'm anxious to hear about)

Thanks !

-Sam

Has anyone shot any tests with the new Vivid 160?

I really look forward to trying this stock out!

btw, it's very cool that Paul Cameron is now posting in this forum.

I'd be interested in his feedback about the artifact issues discussed in a forum about "Deja Vu"

• Premium Member
I really look forward to trying this stock out!

btw, it's very cool that Paul Cameron is now posting in this forum.

I'd be interested in his feedback about the artifact issues discussed in a forum about "Deja Vu"

Absolutely. Welcome, Paul! This forum might not be the usual internet barnyard yet ;)

• 1 month later...

I just shot a short film with four different stocks including the vivid stock. I was impressed, the color saturation was beautiful, but the thing that amazed me was how well in rendered skin tones, it didn't add any red or pink to the actors faces like most high saturation stocks tend to do. The contrast was strong but nothing like reversal.