400 ft magazine question for bolex ebm

Jon Ungar

Hi-

I was wondering if someone could answer a ? i have about a 400 ft magazine to use with a bolex ebm. Do I need to have the mm motor for it to work, or will it do fine without it using the built in electric motor on the camera. That way all I'd need to purchase to use 400' reels is the magazine? I appreciate the help, thanks :)

jon

Hi-

I was wondering if someone could answer a ? i have about a 400 ft magazine to use with a bolex ebm. Do I need to have the mm motor for it to work, or will it do fine without it using the built in electric motor on the camera. That way all I'd need to purchase to use 400' reels is the magazine? I appreciate the help, thanks :)

jon

You will need the separate MM motor to drive the magazine for your EBM.

• Premium Member
Hi-

jon

Jon,

You can download a free PDF copy of the Bolex EBM manual and a manual for the Bolex 400 ft magazine by going to the Manuals and Docs section of this forum. Or by visiting the link below:

Bolex EBM, and 400 ft magazine manuals in PDF form

-Tim

Hi-

jon

All bolex magazines use an external motor to drive the film stock. Both motors (Cam and Mag) use the camera's battery not the camera's motor.

You can find the motors fairly cheep on ebay to use or get spairs. Also I should point out that the motors are detachable so If you just have one motor it can be switched to whatever magazine you are loading.

Hope that helps

Kip

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...