Had to laugh.

Tim Carroll

• Premium Member

I try to keep track of what "Arriflex" equipment is selling on eBay and when I checked this afternoon I found this auction and got a laugh:

Arriflex 16s Video Camera

I can guarantee that anyone who shoots with this Video Camera will definitely get an authentic "film look".

It's an old model, one of the first made after the flat door model, looks in pretty good shape, but way overpriced in my opinion.

-Tim

It's an old model, one of the first made after the flat door model, looks in pretty good shape, but way overpriced in my opinion.

-Tim

A video camera that has the elusive film look. How can you put a price on that?

Good point, how did I miss that. ;)

-Tim

It is a little overpriced... the three mags help but the thing that throws me is it's a straight up auction. If you bid on it and someone wants to bidbattle it could get pricey quick. Not that there are too many Ebay junkies looking to throw down on an arri but the threat yet looms.

This misidentifying cine equipment as video cameras on ebay is very common with super 8 cameras but this is one of the few times that I have seen the mistake applied to 16mm cameras. I will never forget one guy who was selling a Canon super 8 camera on ebay. He described it as a 'Canon super 8 video camera' if that makes any sense. He then went on to say that the camera accepts 'super 8 video cartridges.' ????