NEW 16mm SHORT

I think DV would have better fit this project. Being black and white I dont think format really matters. However, here is tha famous..

LANDON PARKS REVIEW

Acting: D-

Story: D

Visuals: D

Overal: D

:) out of :) :) :) :) :)

"OK Film.... VERY Amaturish though." Not enough dolly moves and the acting is rather boring. The lighting is also vert flat."

Edited by Landon D. Parks

• Premium Member

Steve,

Very interesting, nice job. Not my kind of topic, but nice camera work and I too would like to commend you on using film. A couple of shots looked like they were from an old Bolex I had, the exposure was flickering from shutter bounce, a common Bolex issue. I disagree with the post that said it would have been just as good shot on DV. I think the way you shot it on Black and White film, and the lighting, gave it its most appealing aspect. That dirty, gritty, sometimes out of focus look.

Are you a film student? Planning on being a director? A cinematographer? I think your film shows some real promise. Good luck.

-Tim

I enjoyed it and I applad you for shooting it on film. :) It look really nice. You had some really good shots in there. I also agree that your film shows promise and I would like to see more of your work. Nice short and thanks for sharing it with us. ;) Good luck in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone. PLease allow some time for it to download.

http://www.insomniacreations.com/bartolozz...amefilthqb.html

thanks, -steve

One thing I would recommend to you (as in, if you choose to make this type of film again) is to slow the pacing down by a lot. One of the pitfalls of making "art films" that do obscure things it that they often try to convey too much "conceptual depth" in too little time.

Other than that, I also applaud that you worked with film.

One thing I would recommend to you (as in, if you choose to make this type of film again) is to slow the pacing down by a lot. One of the pitfalls of making "art films" that do obscure things it that they often try to convey too much "conceptual depth" in too little time.

Other than that, I also applaud that you worked with film.

yes. thanks. i am always worried that everything gets too boring. and being a short i don't feel i have the time to slow down in the way i would if i was making a feature. very challenging. did you find it obscure? i feel it might be too direct.

thanks