OCT-19 TO CANON FD OR M42 ADAPTER

Giorgio Taricco

Just seen that there is also an T2 to OCT-19 adapter to use Tamron lenses.....what do you think about guys?

G.

The Tamron lenses with T2 mount are very rare. It doesn't work with the common adaptall lenses sadly.

I think the T2 option is a good option if you are trying to mount stuff to PL mount but seems not so exciting for OCT-19.

I was under the impression that the M42 adaptor for OCT-19 works better than the one for PL which only works with one lens and really only with that after a bit of machining. Don't know how much more lenses will work with OCT-19 tho.

I would encourage you to go with an OCT-18 adaptor because then when you do get some OCT-19 lenses they will be a better match as it's often the same lomo glass in different mounts. You could even hook up a foton zoom or something maybe? Sometimes the foton would come with and OCT-19 adaptor but I suspect those days are gone now. I think the 135mm OCT-18 lens will work easily with an adaptor. Not sure if some lenses will have focus issues.

The OCT-19 lenses are worth gettting your hands are as they are very nice lenses.

Sometimes that 8mm lens is available in OCT-19 I think? Can't remember the name of it now! Pelang or something? Obviously it's very wide tho.

Sounds like you might have been better off with a Konvas 1M although that can be a bit of a minefield if you don't know what you are looking for too.

Freya

Thanks for your answer guys.

The fact is that I have had a very good deal for a mint condition camera, i was aware of the OCT -19 mount lenses...

Now I'm looking to find a solution to test the camera without spending a fortune for an OCT-19 lens so I'd like to know which m42 lenses will work on the camera.

as for the oct-19 to oct-18 adapter, I have never seen one for sale, do you know where I can find one?

Thanks

Giorgio

• 2 months later...
  • 8 years later...
On 12/26/2013 at 11:52 PM, Giorgio Taricco said:

Hi guys,

just bought a brand new Konvas M2 35mm camera and I would like to know where I can find an OCT-19 to Canon FD or M42 adapter to use still cameras lenses on the Konvas.

Any help?

Thanks

Giorgio

Exactly where I am at at the moment, 9 years later ?

I just bought a 2m oct19.

I already have a set of lenses in oct18 mount and just bought an adapter at RAF, curious how they work. probably not that great I presume as the oct18 lens mount rotates in the camera and with the adapter I guess it is the lens itself that is going to rotate... ?

I also bought a m42 adapter, seams like a good option as there are many m42 lenses available a a very cheap price. Thinking about the Jupiter 85mm or a 50mm 1.8.

Maybe at some point I am going to buy a set of oct19 lenses (there is one for less than 4k on eBay right now) and call it a day.

I would love to convert the camera into a PL mount tho. Anyone knows someone that does it?

I will post the result of my testing with the Konvas 1m and 2m soon. 

Film is still kicking!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 9:51 PM, Yves Marchon said:

Exactly where I am at at the moment, 9 years later ?

I just bought a 2m oct19.

I already have a set of lenses in oct18 mount and just bought an adapter at RAF, curious how they work. probably not that great I presume as the oct18 lens mount rotates in the camera and with the adapter I guess it is the lens itself that is going to rotate... ?

I also bought a m42 adapter, seams like a good option as there are many m42 lenses available a a very cheap price. Thinking about the Jupiter 85mm or a 50mm 1.8.

Maybe at some point I am going to buy a set of oct19 lenses (there is one for less than 4k on eBay right now) and call it a day.

I would love to convert the camera into a PL mount tho. Anyone knows someone that does it?

I will post the result of my testing with the Konvas 1m and 2m soon. 

Film is still kicking!

Following up my own post...

I received and tested the oct18 to oct19 adapters on my Konvas 2m and, to me, this solution does not work: sure it works optically speaking you get the right flange distance and can fit the lens on the camera but the lenses sit SO DEEP inside the camera you can almost not change aperture and focus... unusable really.

if you have a Konvas 2m with an oct19 mount then you need the oct19 lenses and they are quite expensive compared to the oct 18 ones and I am not too sure if they are really worth spending 4000 Bucks on a set.

At the point I am really just thinking of converting the camera to a PL mount and hopefully I can use some of my PL lenses I already own.

Anyone can give inputs about the oct19 lenses? Are they better than the oct 18 ones and are they worth considering buying a set?

Also inputs on converting the 2m into a PL mount would be amazing.

Cheers