Where to get Dior black net

• Premium Member
Someone on Reduser had posted this info, that a company called "Secrets in Lace" sells a pantyhose that matches Christian Dior 10 Denier -- their model is 9960 Gennia 10DN Black.

It works pretty well, but you may have to put up with receiving catalogs with photos of middle-aged ladies wearing lingerie...
  • Upvote 2

Guest Stephen Murphy

You can find them on ebay from time to time. I've picked up a few pairs there and just bought another set this morning!

Someone on Reduser had posted this info, that a company called "Secrets in Lace" sells a pantyhose that matches Christian Dior 10 Denier -- their model is 9960 Gennia 10DN Black.
It works pretty well, but you may have to put up with receiving catalogs with photos of middle-aged ladies wearing lingerie...

Now I'm wondering if they tested a whole bunch of tights and stockings to find the one that matched perfectly!?

I mean can't you get away with any old 10 denier tights?

Do they really have to be Dior?

Do different colours have a different effect even if they are Dior or is black the only way to go?

(I'm guessing it might be the case, anyone tried purple stockings?)

I showed my friend this thread and she said it seems almost fetishistic, only not in the way you might assume! lol!

Freya

• 2 weeks later...

Just stumbled on this:

The "dernier" of the weave is the important thing, plus what colour the nets are. Black will not affect the contrast much, brown will give a sepia look and white will create a more blown-out milky image.

Of course I'm wondering what purple or navy would do!

(You might not be able to get those colours in dior but there are other makes with purple 10 denier)

Freya

Purple and or Navy will give you a reason to pick some up and grab a vDSLR and post up some tests Freya ;)

I keep meaning to get a bunch of nets of varying colors ect and play 'round-- but alas it' s almost always a time/money thing.

Do you know that is a great idea!

I keep forgetting I have the GH1!

I'm really busy this week or so but will try and sort something out!

Freya

• Upvote 1

Having tested stocking for diffusion on stills I can say that the tension, and hence the distance between the threads, is significant. So the fixing needs to be permanent to eliminate any variation.

A more tightly stretched 20D would be equivalent to a looser 10D.

These were front-of-lens tests though, either in a 4" frame in a matte box or stretched over the metal lens hood of a Rolleiflex. The nearer to the glass the better.

Edited by Mark Dunn
  • Like 1