Matching High Pressure Sodium Completely Naturalistically

For some poor man's/fill light stuff I need a lamp with the exact color temperature of high pressure sodium.

I use storaro yellow, bastard orange, whatever, cts/cto coctails, whatever to get the "look" but to match exactly...

Should I buy:

http://www.filmandvideolighting.com/rosco-cinegel-3150-industrial-vapor-lighting-gel-filter-sheet.html?gclid=CPr81K2VwL0CFbBj7Aodt3YAyg

or Urban vapor?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=583893&gclid=CMD24ZaVwL0CFTMV7AodkRIAUw&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Or buy a high pressure sodium light proper?

Didn't realize that. Who could I contact about deleting my account and all associated posts? I don't feel comfortable sharing that information here. Thanks.

What forums are available on cinematography where I can post under a handle? Still looking for an answer to this question.

Edited by M Joel W

Creative cow has real names on it, as does DVinfo.

CML is less public in that you need to be a member to access the discussion lists, but they do have edited discussions which non members can read. They insist on you using you name, your job, your location and email address on each message.. Although, they remove the email address from the edited discussions.

DVXUser allows handles.

I'm not trying to keep any secrets, I just don't want to lose jobs because I've posted dumb/obvious questions like these publicly and don't want employers trawling.

This has happened to me before, so...

Anyhow, I'll contact Tim about deleting my account and post on dvxuser. Thanks.

Edited by M Joel W

This isn't a dumb question, you've got a number of options, so you're checking other people's experiences using different gels. Sodium lights have a very narrow wavelength, so it's practically monochromatic. Final selection can come down to a number of decisions such as how important the skin tones are or if it's precise match to the sodium lights that's needed.

The trawling reflects more badly on the employers, rather than you doing your homework for a job.

• Upvote 1