need help to recognise this camera

Kiev 16Y.. 1966-72 100ft reel 3 lens turret .. looks in good condition.. could be worth a bit to someone who collects them..

No, it's a 16C. No room in there for two 100' spools. It's a cartridge type, so a bit impractical, but you could load the carts yourself, cut down a 100' roll.

Lovely looking thing, though.

I have the Industar-50 in an M42 barrel on my old Zenit-E stills camera. Not a bad bit of glass IIRC.

Edited by Mark Dunn

• Premium Member

The model name is actually written on the side, Kiev 16 C-2. As Freya said it's a Russian copy of the Bell and Howell magazine-load 200 series cameras from the 50s and 60s, taking 50 ft cartridges long discontinued. The lens mount is nearly C mount but not quite, something like M27 I think. The camera is spring-driven. Not particularly valuable or rare, but quite compact for a 16mm camera.

haha ! .. your really into the old camera,s .. is that an Arri 2c in your profile pic

Me?

No, a 16ST. I used to work for the military on weapons trials.

Before I dug it out for a documentary it had been in its case for years- it was used for surveillance at 16fps before they had colour video.

I left years before it was given (given!) to one of the photographers who stayed on.

I missed out there; all I got was a K3 from a colleague who moved on to work for a Certain Government Department. And I had to buy my own Steenbeck.