Kino louvres are stupid right?

Does anyone ever use 44 louvres?

Im thinking I should leave them out of my van as I always have to take them out and then theyre in the way and fragile. And I think theyd do **(obscenity removed)** all if anyone ever asked to use them.

I might make up some Batwing style clip ons that store easily and protrude enough to be of use.

Or do they have a use I just dont know about?

• Premium Member

They do reduce some spill and direct the light, though I mostly use them as scrims actually. But there are occasions when they are useful when I'm not putting diffusion on them and have them so near the edge of frame in a backlight position that without the egg crates, I'd get more lens flare.

The silver ones I really don't understand.

P

The silver ones as found on the Flathead and the Celebrity? KinoFlo would be happy to explain why they are silver and not black if you just shoot their technical or sales people an email.

If you ring them up, you'll find they are quite happy to converse about their products.

I take them off because no one wants them.

They always want more output.

Unless it was a very dark scene i cant see what use the directionality would be.

The anti flare idea has me convinced. Ill keep carrying them maybe.

The silver ones as found on the Flathead and the Celebrity? KinoFlo would be happy to explain why they are silver and not black if you just shoot their technical or sales people an email.

If you ring them up, you'll find they are quite happy to converse about their products.

Was it the older 400 Diva models had silver.. mine has.. but a newer model Diva I used had black and seemed a much sturdier build.. ? and different honey comb design.. maybe better at the job of directing the light a bit..

Edited by Robin R Probyn

Was it the older 400 Diva models had silver.. mine has.. but a newer model Diva I used had black and seemed a much sturdier build.. ? and different honey comb design.. maybe better at the job of directing the light a bit..

Don't know about the Kino Diva as I own two Diva clones (Teeda/Japan) which have black eggcrates.

Edited by JD Hartman