Against The Wild II: Launch Day!

Ok Americans, with the blockbuster theatrical release behind this picture, we begin phase 2. All US retail locations and VOD services. I know you are all too sophisticated to buy a DVD, although you can swing by Walmart, Target, Or Best Buy if you like.

You can also use any of these major VOD services:

• Premium Member

Richard, congrats continue to be in order for you. It is amazing that a decade ago when I first joined here, you were talking about getting stock footage over a volcano. Now you are making flicks left and right. You have shown what can happen with dedication, hardwork, and a little attitude. Maybe you should come run for US President?!

Congrats, Richard! Like I said the other day I just watched the first Against the wild, and didn't even know you had another one planned. You can bet I'll be getting a DVD of it, considering how much I liked the first one.

Thanks for the heads up!

No blu ray for the US market. I think the feeling is that for family titles they sell better as DVD only. Plus "vehicles" are now a big place for parents to play content for kids to watch in the back, it's a growing market for my product.

Interestingly enough Germany was the only country to make a blu ray of the first Against The Wild. Those Germans want nothing but the best!

Of course if you play the DVD on a blu ray player it does an automatic up convert, I find it looks ok. If you get the DVD you'll be able to watch all the extras, the outtakes (a couple of funny ones), and the interviews I shot in Africa with the cast and the little production I made out of each one. Apologies on the audio on those....I left it in stereo, "assuming" the DVD mastering house would make it work on the centre speaker on 5.1 systems, they didn't. It comes out the front three. Oh well, I guess I'll have to take the blame for that. I didn't do a director interview.

Here's one of the interviews I have done for the movie. Tonight I'll be on Kids First Radio, and on tonight's Entertainment Tonight Canada they will be running a segment on the movie.

https://biffbampop.com/2016/04/29/against-the-wild-2-survive-the-serengeti-with-producerdirector-richard-boddington/

R,

I would point out that even though it might not be on Bluray, Amazon VOD has it listed as HD - so it is view-able in HD through streaming. I'll likely rent the VOD version to watch and then order the DVD for my library - which includes a whopping 200 or more DVDs. What can I say, I like to collect movies...

Edited by Landon D. Parks

I just don't get why in 2016, we still have movies released in 480P!

Yeah, it seems to me that in a world where standard TV's are now HD, and there are basically few if any SD televisions and monitors left in wide circulation, why DVDs would continue to be so prevalent... I would have expected a much quicker uptake of Bluray - though I think the cost of the discs still plays a large part. Hopefully they bring the cost of the discs down soon.

• Premium Member

I just don't get why in 2016, we still have movies released in 480P!

All of my in-laws own enormous HDTVs and none of them own blu-ray players and most of them still buy, not rent, DVDs. I've given them demonstrations on my blu-ray, but they don't care. A couple months ago I had to convince my Dad to buy a blu-ray player to go with his new TV, but I don't know that he's hooked it up yet. And Richard's demographic is children. My children just learned to use our blu-ray player, but still accidentally put in the DVD that comes with the blu-ray and don't ask me to change it. They don't know the difference.

Point is, if it saves one cent to only make DVDs for children's films, I understand why they wouldn't bother to spend more money on a blu-ray release. My in-laws will buy my kids the DVD of "Against the Wild 2" before a blu-ray.

That said, I would have liked to check it out on blu-ray on my projector :)

That said, I would have liked to check it out on blu-ray on my projector :)

If you hook your computer up to your projector, you can project it in HD from Amazon (and other VOD places as well, I'm sure).

Edited by Landon D. Parks

All my movie kids are awesome :)

Both girls went onto star as the title characters in two feature films right after my film.

R,

. Maybe you should come run for US President?!

Being British-born Richard is mercifully ineligible. As to someone whose friends encouraged him to run actually doing so, the rest of the world is collectively dropping its jaw at a current example.

Ha Ha, I say we make them re-join the empire Mark.

BTW Mark, this movie has been bought by TWO(2) of the UK's biggest broadcasters. Looks like my work will finally be on air over ome, at long last.

R,

BTW Mark, this movie has been bought by TWO(2) of the UK's biggest broadcasters. Looks like my work will finally be on air over ome, at long last.

That's really impressive. Is that a subscription channel and a terrestrial broadcaster?

I'm curious how the two broadcaster thing works?

Freya

That's really impressive. Is that a subscription channel and a terrestrial broadcaster?

I'm curious how the two broadcaster thing works?

Freya

Good question? Not sure if I can release the names of the two now or not. But they are both over-air broadcasters, one goes, then the other goes. Many of the rules on broadcasters fees and deals are being re-written in this climate, it's changing every six months.

R,