Beautiful light

Those of you who are in LA, I hope you're enjoying the beautiful orange light caused by the smoke from the sand fire in Santa Clarita. Obviously, I hope they get the fire under control quickly, and no-one is injured, but the warm, slightly diffuse sunlight is otherworldly right now.

Useless post without pictures dude ^_^

I actually just burned my own house down, the light effect is similar quality but I left my camera under a stack of pizza boxes in the basement so no thread for me.

I'm in Hollywood. There was this amazing orange sunlight throughout most of the day, but by the time I got home and got my camera, the smoke had thickened to the point where it blocked the sun, leaving just a kind of golden brown overcast feel.

@Macks Fiiod, really sorry to hear about you house, I hope recovering from it will be as smooth and painless as possible.

Living in Colorado we get a lot of wildfires and even ones in California can blow their smoke all the way here. It is an interesting situation I have always wanted to shoot in. When the smoke is dispersed into a haze it produces orange sunlight with blue shadows, direct sunlight is also diffused and softened from the haze.

Edited by David Hessel

• Premium Member

I'm in Hollywood. There was this amazing orange sunlight throughout most of the day, but by the time I got home and got my camera, the smoke had thickened to the point where it blocked the sun, leaving just a kind of golden brown overcast feel.

Ah. When I went out Saturday around noon I just thought that was normal LA smog...

Macks, hope you're ok and have a place to stay! Wasn't sure if you were being serious, you were so deadpan.