WTB: ECLAIR CA TO C-MOUNT ADAPTER

Giorgio Taricco

Hi guys,

I want to use my Angenieux 17.5-70mm on my Eclair ACL S16 camera. I have an Aaton mount on the camera (S16 conversion and mount made by Aaton in the 80'). Bought a Aton to C-mount adapter but it does not work, so I want to try the Cameflex (I have the adapter to fit in the AAton mount) to C.mount way. Can't find one, any help?

Thanks

Giorgio

Giorgio, which mount do you have inside the Aaton mount? The Eclair TS-mount or Cameflex? Could you take a picture of how your camera front looks like?

As for adapter that adapts C-mount to Aaton mount -- I don't think there are such adapters. If the TS-mount is still there, you possibly could ask Les Bosher to make a special adapter for you. I'm afraid there is no other solution.

I must say that I'm happy to have a native Aaton mount on my ACL, to me is a much better mount compared to Cameflex and as I have also the cameflex ring adapter I have also the Eclair native mount. Problem is that I want to use a C-mount lens and I can't find the adapter. There are a lot of S16 lenses with Aaton mount, a lot less with the Cameflex.

post-54919-0-42071000-1470768290_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Giorgio Taricco

Giorgio,

Just to clarify. The Cameflex (CA-1) mount was not native to the ACL. The ACL factory mount, called a TS-1 I think, is just a large threaded flange in plane with the C mount at its centre. Various original camera mount adapters screwed onto the TS-1 with a large threaded ring. There were Arri-S/B, Cameflex, Nikon...... Later some PL mount adapters were made. Almost anything is possible because the C mount flange focal distance is so short.

To use C mount on an original ACL one just takes off the mount adapter.

Edited by Gregg MacPherson

Gregg thanks for your explanation but just to clarify again the Aaton mount is NOT removable, it's an hard mount fitted by Aaton tech. Ok, I will try to find another S16 Angie zoom in Aaton or Cameflex mount.

Giorgio

Edited by Giorgio Taricco