Sergey Kravchenco - SCAMMER

Kyryll Sobolev

Kyryll, i'm sorry You didn't do a good deal and I'm sorry for Your loss, but maybe next time You should buy equipment form reputable Seller, with no issues with health or alcohol or any other. We all want to do great deals, because we do not want to spend more money and than things like this happend. I have similar set for sale, good reputation and account on eBay for 10 Years with great score. I want 8800 USD for it, but if You would buy it from me, You won't have this problem, as You have now. The reason i didn't sell it ? I hear all the time 'too much' or 'i can buy it cheaper'... and here it is - You've bought it cheaper, but You also have free ulcers in price.

You knew Sergey have tendency to dissapears. You risk... and here we are, all together. He should send lenses or send back the money, this is for sure and no doubt about it. I do not justify him, because i know Sergey and stories about Him. But don't You think there's also Your fault in this deal ? On every forum You have terms and conditions how to do deal with People, You do not know or do not trust. If He said 'wire transfer' You say "Paypal'. If He said 'no', You say 'thank You'. Than just do Your job, earn more, take some credit, borrow from Friends, if You do not have more... and than put money together and buy set from reputable Seller. Anyway. My idea for everyone is: spend more, but buy from reputable Sellers... and problem solved. Do not look for any 'great deals', because there's NO great deals. All people who believe in 'great deals', should also believe in dragons and fairies.

BTW. About rest of discussion. I do business with many Sellers from eastern Europe and never been cheated. I also sell to USA and i was cheated by Buyers many times, even using eBay. So there's no rule about fraud and people are just people. You can be cheated in USA, Western Europe or Eastern Europe.

thank you mr. kowalewski. i now understand life better.

i would like the set of lenses that you are offering. please send it to my address. i will pay afterwards.

i am a reputable member of cinematography industry, and i am in good standing with my IATSE local.

i do not have any ulcers or other health problems, and in fact i do play sports regularly.

• Upvote 1

I think Artur used to work as an insurance assessor .. :)... hark his words Mr Sobolev.. in fact, in lieu of your self inflicted loss.. I have a very nice 1936 Rolls Royce Coupe for sale.. $350,000 .. Im British and member of the Greater Uppinton Gentleman's lawn bowls team.. please send funds and I will ship within the next 5 years.. if Im sober and haven't been abducted by Aliens ..

yes yes, broken ribs...

he is currently responding to his emails (after his broken ribs prevented him from replying to phone calls or using the said email...)

so, should we place some bets, ladies and gentlemen?

will these lenses arrive before the 1 year date is up? will they arrive ever (at my house, that is)?

hey nothing is impossible - leicester city won EPL, cleveland won NBA, trump got elected, barcelona just made a historic win...

Broken ribs....wonder how that happened?

I sincerely hope you get your lenses before the seller suffers a more serious accident.

we gamble sometimes, sometimes it works and sometimes you just have to pay life tax. this ting with Sergey sucks but i hope he will come around, as he always did in past. several years back there was a big mess with some Anamorphics but that resolved as well, if i remember correctly. in the past i got several things form him as far as 2009, never a problem once. i had more problems with lens shop in CA that is now "industry standard" and that i made PayPal claim in order to get them to send my stuff back to me... i know its pain in the neck, but hopefully you will get your stuff and you wont do more biz with him. life go's on

I do not like the context of this topic, yes, there was a problem with one person, for health reasons or for some other reason, it could be with anyone. But now everything boils down to the fact that the scammers in Eastern Europe, and in general in all the troubles the Russians are again to blame ...

I do not like the context of this topic, yes, there was a problem with one person, for health reasons or for some other reason, it could be with anyone. But now everything boils down to the fact that the scammers in Eastern Europe, and in general in all the troubles the Russians are again to blame ...

Personally I didn't mean to give that impression nor did I ever mention anything about Russia (where I have been many times ) or Eastern Europe.. the OP has ,by any sort of reasonable measure, not been dealt with very well.. the seller obviously has his problems but thats not the OP,s fault.. he's still down alot of money with nothing to show.. you wouldn't be angry ?.. I cant really see any defense myself.. but I agree this is not solely an East European problem..

In all fairness I must admit that I have always been more cautious when purchasing items from eastern Europe. Not because they are eastern European but the inability to use PayPal, I'm sure we would all agree it is much more risky using wire transfers than PayPal as there is no virtually no protection for the buyer. There could be more going on here than just some geographic or cultural stereotype.

Well we have to face facts….there are nations with travel advisories issued against them by Western governments. Countries that show up on lists of nations that get flagged by banks when you are attempting to do business with them. Many countries with known very high levels of fraud, etc.

Ask yourself, would you be more nervous about completing a transaction for a $5000.00 item off ebay with a guy from Canada, or an Eastern European nation. Let's get real here.

R,

Off Ebay with sellers of similar selling history the location wouldn't affect my decision at all, at lease in regards to being scammed. The shorter time and distance of shipping said item from Canada and therefor less chance of damage etc. would be the only major consideration that would make me prefer one over the other. By the way I have purchased maybe half a dozen items from eastern Europe without issue, the closest I have come to getting scammed was by a seller in Canada ironically...

I've had the exact opposite experience David. It seems there are only a few people here capable of accepting some harsh realities. Hey, you guys wanna get burned, it's your money…….

R,

I wouldn't bring fraud up as a criteria though.. 2008.. mortgage derivatives et el .. by far the worlds biggest fraud ever perpetrated .. by the trusty guys on Wall Street.. perps caught.. let off.. and given money from the tax payers.. nice.. not sure even Putin would do that..

I hope that the problem will be solved and the lenses will come to Kyryll, then we will ask the moderators to remove this angry theme.

While the fate of this discussion is ultimately up to Tim Tyler, I'd vote to let it stand as a reminder of a seller with unscrupulous practices.

Yes, and there is a reason why that feedback system is used all over the world regardless of what region you are in, scammers can reside anywhere. Would you rather purchase from a high positive feed back eastern European seller or a low negative feed back Canadian?

Would you rather purchase from a high positive feed back eastern European seller or a low negative feed back Canadian?

Obviously a high pos feedback Eastern European. But, statistically speaking, there is far less fraud coming out of Canada than out of Eastern Europe, and the banks and police back me up on this.

But hey, you guys want to live in a fairy land, be my guest.

R,

If you actually read my posts you will see that I am not living in a fairly land full of butterflies and rainbows. My whole point is that there is more to the equation than simple geographic location and to imply so as you did is rather narrow minded and insulting to the ethical members of this forum who do business here in a professional matter despite where the may reside. I will continue to conduct my business as I have always done on a case by case basis based of the persons experience, reputation and professionalism rather than where they happen do be based at. Have you actually researched the statistics that you claim to know or are you simply guessing?

• Upvote 1

+1 to David. I agree with Him 100%... and You Richard sounds a bit xenofobic. Maybe we should open post "Richard Buddingoton - XENOPHOB" and discuss about it ? This is more serious issue here, than one naive Buyer, who didn't want to pay few bucks more for ESCROW to protect himself.

Canada have 35 milion people, and Eastern Europe has almost 300 milion. Maybe we take USA/Canada and Eastern Europe, so more scam (as my experience) is in USA/Canada, as i never been cheated by Eastern European person or even Western European person and few times by Americas members. I have two eBay accounts (one 12 Years and one 8 Years), sell and buy a lot and never had problems with Europe or generally East. But i never said some 'statistics' says that i will be cheated just by America members. People are people, i can also be cheated two streets away from me, here, in Poland. Restrictions for Russians are just for their f...ed up government and does not mean most Russia people are not good and honest people.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Artur, but when I go to a bank in Canada and wire money to the USA, no questions or concerns from the teller.

Two years ago I needed to wire a payment to a company in an Eastern European country, all of a sudden it was a big deal, the teller was quite concerned. "There's just so much fraud there," she said. Sorry, but statistical reality is statistical reality, no amount of sticking your heads in the sand and hoping it was different will change this fact.

R,