Most Embarrassing/Unprofessional Moment in TV History.

That was just painful.

I’m a bit sad for Moonlight to get it that way. Oh, well.

I haven’t watched the ceremony, so it took me a few minutes to see the top-of-the-hour news to see what happened. At first, I had the impression that the news made it seem as if Warren made the mistake, but, actually, he was just confused? Poor Faye – now she appeared a bit hasty and reckless, but there was no way to avoid that, I guess. In the years to come, now I expect everyone to be reading every letter of the card before announcing whatever they are set to announce.

There are simply no words to describe that ending to the Oscars.

R,

Disappointed Moonlight didn't get their due elation, shock and acclaim from their peers, especially since La La Land was a foregone winner in most peoples mind. It would have been wonderful to witness Moonlight's cast and crew sheer joy and amazement winning Best Picture. However, La La Land handled the error with respect and sincerity. I don't agree with "everyone should get an Oscar" and was glad to see the producer suggest or say 'no, this award goes to them'.

The academy is to blame for the error, that is certain. La La Land's first producer, once he was told, handled the error graciously and respectfully (at least the first producer to speak on behalf of cast and crew, the next producer was childish saying "well, I guess we lost" really? Thats your response?).

I hope the way each production handled the error will be remembered more then the error itself.

La La Land's first producer, once he was told, handled the error graciously and respectfully (at least the first producer to speak on behalf of cast and crew, the next producer was childish saying "well, I guess we lost" really? Thats your response?).

Ouch!

I've only just seen a snippet clip of it. But that LaLa Land Producer handled the situation with incredible grace.

I actually didn’t think so. He was upset – understandably – and somehow seemed angry. I didn’t think he handled it gracefully and with kindness at all.

This was just such a cock-up...

Edited by Alexandros Angelopoulos Apostolos

https://twitter.com/ThePerezHilton/status/836082024603500544?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Posting this because I, too, was hoping for an upset. I seemed to have gotten one. Though I don’t think the announcement is better than anything I could’ve imagine – actually, that was just awful.

• Premium Member

This is a good reminder that potentially humiliating public mistakes happen to everyone. What matters is how we respond to them. Congrats to the 'LaLa Land' team for doing so in such a kind, honest, and classy way - that will be remembered far longer in the community than any statue. This was a good night for Hollywood, in my humble opinion.

I saw Putin in the background.. its a serious security breach that should not be considered a joke.. them Hollywierd crowd are all damn Reds.. dont think Warren Beatty wasn't in on this this.. oh no cant be.. he was married to Meryl Streep you know..

Lucky the Donald is putting up military spending.. to curb this sort of outrage.. yes sir ..

I guess the best thing about it is that it doesn't matter. At all. On any level.

Well, that of course is a separate thread. But yes, you're right on some levels.

R,

• Premium Member

Even though I'm not a fan of Moonlight in any way, I think due to "Oscars so White" being a real issue and Moonlight somehow being a stand out performer... there was a lot of pressure to vote for ANYTHING but another almost all-white movie as best picture. So I knew Moonlight was going to win the moment I saw it.