When in Doubt...

Alessandro Machi

righto:

nit-pick #2

How do we finish the sentence ? You already have by putting a full stop there and the sentence is written as if it has ended already anyway.

Not saying I'm the master of grammar or anything, just wondering what your point is ?

• Premium Member
righto:

nit-pick #2

How do we finish the sentence ? You already have by putting a full stop there and the sentence is written as if it has ended already anyway.

Not saying I'm the master of grammar or anything, just wondering what your point is ?

Naw, it's easier than that.

When in doubt.......change the batteries.

Naw, it's easier than that.

When in doubt.......change the batteries.

ah ok - I geddit now !

your first entry was your answer and the sentence is 'when in doubt...'

excuse me, I should be more attentive

righto... um hmmmm... when in doubt:

um

hurrumph

when in doubt: shut ones mouth

• Premium Member

When in doubt, change the batteries out. (these don't have to rhyme).

I had an older Super-8 camera that appeared to be dead even when I put duracells in. I changed out the duracells with another brand of batteries, (Kodak actually) and the camera started working.

ALWAYS try more than one set of batteries before declaring a camera non-functional, and the second set of batteries should be from a different battery manufacturer.

When in doubt, change the batteries out. (these don't have to rhyme).

I had an older Super-8 camera that appeared to be dead even when I put duracells in. I changed out the duracells with another brand of batteries, (Kodak actually) and the camera started working.

ALWAYS try more than one set of batteries before declaring a camera non-functional, and the second set of batteries should be from a different battery manufacturer.

Indeed. When I bought my Chinon 200/12XL, it would not budge for anything. I thought it completely a waste of money, especially since it shipped from down under.

It sat with fresh batteries in it for 8 hours, yet when I took out the batteries, they tested flat, dead. I was puzzled, so in went new batteries again. A few hours later, I was chatting with someone, griping about my dead camera, when I pressed the shutter. Suddenly, it roared to life!

Turns out, the 200/12 has a rechargeable internal battery, and that had run out. It drained the first batteries to recharge it. It's run without issue ever since.

the autoexposure meter is better than just guessing, unless there is a big bright light or sun shining onto the lens.

Film it both ways

Get some cutaway footage

Put a new Battery in

record a few seconds then play it back before filming all day and finding the whole thing was wrong

You think there is a little itty bitty bit of film caught in the rollers on your mag it means undoing the screws and physically checking. DO IT because there is.

Is there a hole in the changing bag? Check it.

The camera door might not be closed properly meaning your sixth sense is working.

Ill get by. I wont need spare bulbs for my lights?