All forty (40) Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold as part of the introductory beta program

Nicholas Kovats

All forty (40) Logmar Super 8 cameras have been pre-sold as part of the introductory beta program. Split evenly between European and North American markets. I am not surprised.

"Beta program is completely sold out!

Posted on August 23, 2014 by admin

We have just sold out our entire beta program.

Everyone who has come forward and got a spot in the program will receive their purchase contract by Monday the 25th of August.

We are extremely excited with the prospect of delivering all these cameras as soon as possible!

Thanks for your early support, we wouldn’t have been able to pull this off without you.

Best regards

Tommy L. Madsen, CEO"

Edited by Nicholas Kovats
  • Upvote 3

With the 200' mag this could be very useful for those wanting to shoot one-man-band documentaries on film. Sync sound, check. 10 minute takes, check.

And to be honest, this would be my camera of choice for shooting home movies if I had the money. Even sync-sound soundtrack for a super-8 print would be within grasp: just have a neg-pos print made and striped, then play all of the recorded audiofiles and record on the sound stripe.

The number of beta cameras pre-sold has been updated to 25 globally distributed. I am number #25 and will be the only initial user in Canada. Pro8mm pre-sold 10 in NA distributed across NY and LA. The remaining have been allocated in Europe via Logmar directly. Tommy Madsen of Logmar wishes to keep the beta distribution and testing period (approx. 3+ months) somewhat controllable as user feedback/testing is submitted. As he has stated that may or may not result in hardware modifications resulting in beta cameras being shipped back. Considerable logistics.
  • Upvote 1

Hi Matt,

Could you possibly provide specifics?

Just conversations I had with some working DP's. Two in NYC, one in L.A. and one in Saigon. They all (like us) love shooting film and they miss it, being forced to shoot digital 99% of the time these days so a camera like this is something they want to get their hands on.

• 3 weeks later...

Logmar Super 8 camera update from Tommy L. Madsen, CEO

"September update
Posted on September 25, 2014 by admin

It’s been a while since our last post so I thought it would be a good gesture to give an update on where we are today and also how we are progressing.

As you may have read the BETA program was a great success and sold out almost instantly and right now we have some 35 people on waiting list for the production cameras so it seems we’ll be busy well into 2015 so if you’re interested in purchasing a production camera once they are available it’s a good idea to contact either us if you are located in Europe or Asia or Pro8mm if you reside in USA, Mexico or Canada so that you can get on the waiting list.

As a special surprise for the BETA customers we are also offering them a free upgrade to a 5-pin XLR giving them the option to use a stereo XLR phantom powered microphone or two mono phantom powered 3-pin XLR microphones together with the camera. (this upgrade is free of charge for the BETA customers and optional – so if you purchased a BETA camera and still want the original mono 3-pin XLR you can still get this) – We will be in contact with our BETA customers this week to inform them about this free upgrade possibility.

We are currently laying the final touches on the electronics of the camera and we are about a week away from ordering the 95 specially milled metal parts from our metalwork subcontractors that makes up the camera body so we are still on schedule for December deliveries.

If you are a BETA customer you should also have received your camera’s assigned serial number by post together with a certificate of ownership – if you haven’t please let us know if you haven’t received it by Friday next week.

Once again thanks for all the supportive e-mails we’ve been receiving, the acknowledgements from other websites as well as a big round of applause to our BETA customers who helped make this camera a possibility through their purchase.

Best regards

/Tommy"

http://www.logmar.dk/?p=327