A processing machine up for auction...

• Site Sponsor
20 hours ago, Gareth Blackstock said:

I had a quick conversation with an electrician regarding 3 phase converters, he said that while a converter would likely get a 3 phase machine running, once the machine started drawing big power the converter would fail. And getting 3 phase connected.... thousands. 

Film processors are kind of basic machines you could re-wire allot of it for 220v and most likely the drive motor is controlled by a 220v to 90v motor controller. Should not be too hard to do.

Whoa there..... im not keen on getting into film processing as a business.... in Australia i reckon that would be a very good way of throwing money away.... in a big hurry!

Mostly i was keen as it is thr last machine of its type left running ish in Aussie.... and i do like to tinker.... im not overly phased by the power draw, 3 phase motors can be replaced with modern higher torque single phase motors.... and i looked at the specs Mark linked to, thats a 20 foot processor! Im guessing the one above draws less....

G

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be keen to find a compact processor available in the UK if anyone here has any leads.... 

I'm also glad I just moved away from Australia, as am 99% sure I would have bid and made the same journey only to discover its size. Though I probably would have taken it - I have family with a large estate in Grafton, NSW.