movies that talk about film making

• 3 weeks later...

One of the Godfather films. 'The Godfather Part II' maybe, towards the start. One of the wives is an aspiring actress and I think a 35mm camera is brought along to film a wedding reception or something similar. That's if I recall the scene correctly. Haven't seen the movie for a long time.

Also, 'The Chine Syndrome' features a young Michael Douglas as a 16mm news/documentary cameraman. The camera is stuck to his shoulder for many of his scenes I seem to recall.

Edited by Jon O'Brien

13 hours ago, Jon O'Brien said:

Also, 'The Chine Syndrome' features a young Michael Douglas as a 16mm news/documentary cameraman. The camera is stuck to his shoulder for many of his scenes I seem to recall.

A CP-16R, IIRC.

• Upvote 1

I've got a few of them...in the film Archive. But they are not Hollywood productions. They are 16mm reels on how to shoot film or make movies. Some of them are how filmmaking was done for the nightly news. Others are on editing. I will have to find them to get the names. I've only been able to inventory about 55% of the film Archive so far. I still have maybe 1,600 reels to do.

Here is one I have to scan called 'Constructing Reality...A Film on Filmmaking.'  When / if I evet get a scanner, I will put it and the others online.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l960.jpg

s-l960.jpg

s-l960.jpg

eBay photos 

I also like films about projection...anything about filmmaking from back in the day interests me. I had 3+ feet of old American Cinematographer mags. Sadly, most of them got rained on from a leaky roof in the storage unit and were ruined. I was able to save a few inches of them, but I have not scanned as yet. There was lots of interesting time capsule film related material in them. Maybe 1970s or 1980s vintage. Too bad. 

Facts About Projection D. D. Teoli Jr. : D.D. Teoli Jr. A.C. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Murder On The Screen D. D. Teoli Jr. : D.D. Teoli Jr. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

How Motion Pictures Move And Talk D. D. Teoli Jr. : D.D. Teoli Jr. A.C. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Facts About Film D. D. Teoli Jr. A. C. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Threading The RCA Projector D. D. Teoli Jr. : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

I didn't scan these. I bought them all on a DVD for $6 from a film collector and broke them down. My favorite way to acquire historical material is high quality scans for cheap. But I seldom find anything like that. In my case I usually have to buy the material and make the scans myself. In any case, these projection films are very hard to get and pricey if they do come up for sale. So, I am happy with low-res...instead of no-res.

<><><>>

Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Archival Collection
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Small Gauge Film Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Advertising Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. VHS Video Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Popular Culture Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Audio Archive
Daniel D. Teoli Jr. Social Documentary Photography

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.