XTRs and SR3s galore

Chris Burke

Just watched the end of the New England Indy game (GREAT GAME) and spotted four(4) super 16 cams at work. Two XTRs and 2 SR3s. Just great to see them in the mix of all the HD cameras, purring along as always. Anybody know what stock they shoot? I am assuming it is NFL Films at work. It was a night time game under what?? Sodium lights?? I guess it would be 7218 or maybe the new Vision 3 being field tested. What better place?

chris

• Site Sponsor

Hey Chris,

I think sometimes NFL films shoots something like 250K ft (or more) of 16mm a weekend and the cameras on the field are supplemented with S-16mm cameras with those huge canon stabilized lenses and a XTR or SR3 with a 800' mag for slow-mo on tripods in the stands.... NFl films in NJ is quite the enterprise and I believe a non-profit division of the NFL, probably one of the better funded non profits out there ;)

-Rob-

• Site Sponsor
I dream of and would not object to spending a few years as an NFL films shooter.

If I could add a telephoto shot of a well follow-focused front nose of a perfect spiral pass to my reel, I would die a happy man.

I am sure it's a A1 gig just being in a big football stadium at game time is pretty pisser much less having free reign like nfl films does..

Amen to the shot the filmwork they do is just amazing..

_Rob-

I wouldn't mind shooting for NFL Films. Nice operation. I've shoot practice video for college teams and that was boring as all hell. Stand in a row with four other cameras, point the camera in one direction and don't it no matter what. Even if its a nice play.

The fun part came during a big college game series, had to basically pull cable for the live tv cameras. That was fun. Right on the field (not sidelines) in the middle of the action. Plus it was easy as hell and the pay was GREAT.