David Auner aac

Aaton Penelop User Group

Hi fellow Aaton users,

hope you're all well and have purring kittens on your shoulders! My friend David Schweitzer and I are compiling a list of all the Penelopes around the world. Who owns one? What serial number do you guys have? If you don't own one, where do you rent it? Do you know how to service it? Who are your techs?
For those of you who are on Facebook, please join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1870336556426483/
We're trying to create a mutual support group and information center for all things Shoulder Cat! we'd love to have you join us in the Quest!

Merci bien, David

Very cool! There is someone here in So Cal with one, but they're pretty darn rare in general. I don't think Aaton made more than 50, I think the actual number is more around 35 or so. Most of the inventory is owned by rental houses still, which is quite amazing. Panavision, Camtec in the US, then there are some smaller houses in Europe. I personally know of 3 private owners in Europe, but none of them are on social media.

I'm a 35III owner and I know where 3 of them are here in So Cal. Me and my friend both have 3 perf bodies and the other one is a 4 perf body with an anamorphic viewfinder.

I'd be interested to see who shows up facebook to talk about them.

A few years ago I was told that someone bought one, possibly the one that was at Abel LA, and he lived near Ventura or Ojai.