Your favourite Super 8...

Matthew Buick

What is you favourite Super 8mm Camera? This isn't based on technical prowess or anything like that, this is about looking at cameras in a more innocent way, which one do you think looks best?

It can be Super 8, Single 8, or Reg 8, but please state.

MOI: Beaulieu 1028 XL60 (Super8).

Bestest regardies...

The "Beaulieu" 1028 XL60 is not really on the same level in terms of design or functionality, but each to their own. :P

Oh, I love it, that nice functional design, twinned with a nice mixture of black and mid grey, *GURGLE*.

And I also love the Technicolor Mark Ten (Super 8). :D

Edited by Matthew Buick

Oh I really can't stand those damn 4008s, crappy French design, unreliable, heavy, finnickey...

Which is weird, because the Beaulieu 6008 is one of my favourite cameras of all time, one of them twinned with a Angeneuix 6-90 and it's time to take out the trash.

Being a camera collector I have tried several. A camera needs to be reliable, easy to use and not too bulky to carry around.

Nikon R10 is way too heavy, only suitable for tripod shooting. I might be unlucky but the Beaulieu 6008 seems useless as soundcamera, its noicy and the batteries runs down quickly so film speed gets inaccurate.

Works much better as a silent film camera but unneccesaily large.

The 5008 gives a nice metal feeling but i haven't used one.

Canons 1014, both the silent and the sound versions are true beauties, and reliable. When travelling though I'll bring my Canon 310 XLS and/or Eumig nautica. Both gives very nice quality pictures at their pricerange.

Design by Agfa, the Movexoom 4000 looks like a shotgun in Star Wars! , and the Bolex mentioned above is an oddity, but nice. Slim design is to be found on the Agfa Movexoom 10 and all Nizos, very nice cameras to handle.

Finally the gem to just look at is the Minolta D10 in red velvet lined case, with the add ons beside, wow!!!

/Stig!

Hi;

Leicina Special (technically the finest images I ever get from the format)

Nizo 4080 (crystal sync cam for quiet documentation @ sound critical events)

Nizo macro 561 (my most used cam, always handy, small and full of amazing features- Autom.b being the best allowing for low to almost no light filming! And a decent little lens too.... The cam I keep coming back to)

Olly