what is the film shoot on 16mm?

saleem dad

Double posting - Its like standing up in a crowd and saying everything twice, people are left with the impression you think they are either idiots or deaf...

You want a list of all films shot in Fuji and Kodak stock and both 16mm and 35mm ?

Righto, I'll get to work ...

For starters I think David Lynch's Dune was shot on film. There are heaps of others, maybe even hundreds... Film is popular.

Double posting - Its like standing up in a crowd and saying everything twice, people are left with the impression you think they are either idiots or deaf...

You want a list of all films shot in Fuji and Kodak stock and both 16mm and 35mm ?

For starters I think David Lynch's Dune was shot on film. There are heaps of others, maybe even hundreds... Film is popular.

word.

• Premium Member

People assume that every information is somehow available on some database out there -- it takes TIME and MONEY to create databases, so therefore it takes a reason for existing, enough that someone would have the motivation to create such a database.

The IMDB is the closest to telling you whether a specific film is shot on 16mm or 35mm, even though it's not always accurate. It sometimes mentions Fuji or Kodak, again, not necessarily with accuracy. You could do a special search for movies shot in Super-16 or 35mm, but even the Super-16 list would be huge, many pages long.

Fuji could give you a short list of some movies shot on Fuji, but it would not be comprehensive -- because they don't keep track of the information from all the Fuji offices around the world. I ask Fuji about some movie I heard was shot on Fuji and they say "oh, that must have gone through our Canadian office -- haven't heard of it."

So there is no comprehensive list of what movies were shot on Kodak and Fuji.

The original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974) was shot on 16mm (7247?) and garnered some success. ZODIAC (2007) was shot on the "latest and greatest," the Viper Film/Video Stream camera and is bombing abysmally at the box office. In fact, I think it's already been yanked in the US. What more do you need to know? Shoot Super 8, man . . .

The original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE (1974) was shot on 16mm (7247?) and garnered some success. ZODIAC (2007) was shot on the "latest and greatest," the Viper Film/Video Stream camera and is bombing abysmally at the box office. In fact, I think it's already been yanked in the US. What more do you need to know? Shoot Super 8, man . . .

Scott, excuse me for asking this, but what's the point? The format you choose and the box office are two separate issues, and I doubt the reason Zodiac is "bombing" is because was shot with the Viper. After all, two of the highest grossing movies of all time were shot on Cinealta...

• Premium Member

Hey now, do I detect a hint of sarcasm?

Settle down, guys.

A moment's thought would tell you that the questioner actually asked for a tabulation of which films were shot in 35, which in 16, which on Fuji, etc. Otherwise it's a non-question.

Anyway, you must have noticed that this sort of "tell me everything you know" question usually comes from people in a particular part of the world. So maybe it's a cultural thing? Just possibly? In many cultures, it is common (indeed, respectful) to seek any and all information from "the masters".

So smart answers like the one above (and many others) aren't just unhelpful, they are ill-mannered too.

Of course as David pointed out, data of this sort is hard to get - a great many people spend a lot of time collating information of this sort - to order - and it costs a lot of money.

OK, rant over.

• Premium Member
Settle down, guys.

Anyway, you must have noticed that this sort of "tell me everything you know" question usually comes from people in a particular part of the world. So maybe it's a cultural thing? Just possibly? In many cultures, it is common (indeed, respectful) to seek any and all information from "the masters".

Also the english language is easy to use in general, and harder to use in specific cases, and I have seen simalar questions in other fieldsthat come off as being overly broad and perhaps rude, but are that way only because of the dificulty of using english well.

(the easy to use in general is probaly the reason it is the most popular second language arround.. If a german talks to an Italian, they have a good chance of doing it in english)

Someone who was educated in the UK, OZ or Narth america might ask " I was wondering if their is a list that shows what movies were shot on 16 or 35mm Kodak or Fuji FIlm stock., can you help me"?

'March of the Penguins' - shot on S16mm (I can't recall what film stock but it could have been Fuji - don't quote me on that.)

'The Thomas Crown Affair' (the remake with Pierce Brosnan) was shot on Fuji 35mm.

The horror film 'Christine' about a possessed car was 35mm and used Fuji in the first scene and Kodak for the rest of the movie.

The vast majority of movies released at the cinema were shot on 35mm and are too many to name - many of them were shot on Kodak film. The movies shot on Fuji seem to be in the minority. However, like 'Christine', there are some movies that use a mix of Kodak and Fuji for selected scenes.

hi

can you tell me or send me what was picture film shoot on fuji & kodak all over the world 35mm & 16mm both.plz send me list

:wub:

very bed thnking all of guys.i dont know about that i m blong to that that country whcih have no back ground in film industry.but your guys a blong to famous & papuler industry i thout your guys alway browd minded thinking but all guys very bed & bulshed mind.specialy some peple like fucable word use.very bed.soem pepole say i m collecting data sorry about that saham.my thinking is we r samll world & one communtey but your gus very ------------------------ your gus not respactle .raely some guy say we r ideot or def .realy your guys ideot----------

This guy just sent me the above post in a PM he also added that I am a 'fu** man' ...

check his post history - he constantly double-posts and my comments regarding this have been construed as me calling him a deaf idiot (at least thats what I think has happened, not too sure) ... What exactly am I meant to do here ? I cant teach him or her the subtleties of English here in the thread...

I've seen these demanding queries as well from 'that part of the world' ... But I've also had the pleasure of studying and working with many people from diverse cultures for years now - yet, this is still the first I've seen or heard of this particular cultural difference/translation problem.

I personally suspect in a few of the cases its just some (western) teenager hidden away having a laugh to stave off the boredom of (western) existance, if you put any english through a online translator to any language and then back again to english you can get a pretty decent broken english output ...

Don't hide rudeness behind a cultural PC no-go zone

Edited by Nick Mulder

• 5 months later...
:wub:

very bed thnking all of guys.i dont know about that i m blong to that that country whcih have no back ground in film industry.but your guys a blong to famous & papuler industry i thout your guys alway browd minded thinking but all guys very bed & bulshed mind.specialy some peple like fucable word use.very bed.soem pepole say i m collecting data sorry about that saham.my thinking is we r samll world & one communtey but your gus very ------------------------ your gus not respactle .raely some guy say we r ideot or def .realy your guys ideot----------

I'll forgive the language barrier, but geez, even if you were using a translator your spelling would be this bad...not bed.