The POSSIBLE Return of KODAK EXR, KODACHROME

That was from a years ago. Then they went bankrupt. Clearly nothing happened with that. It's safe to say there is no longer any R&D going on into photographic film at Kodak.

Edit: With the POSSIBLE exception of digital archiving film.

I'm quoting from the head of this post which is supposedly new information. If it's not, then this whole thread is bogus. where is your quote from years ago?

It's good to hear that they are still willing to evolve the Vision stocks instead of just letting them run the coarse as is. I've been wondering if a Vision 4 will come without an orange mask and just be a full DI stock. They tried it before with a one size fits all 500T stock but it was the wrong thing at the wrong time.

I rather liked the 7299. I was very impressed with its grain structure and color.something like that could really fIll a lot of needs for filmmakers if anything I could see them going down to two stocks. 7213 is extremely versatile stock.

Edited by Chris Burke

• Premium Member

I had a phone talk the other day with Antonio Rasura, Kodak product, laboratory films and technical manager in London, and he said that there is no research and development any more at all. They have one coating machine in operation that is used for all stocks. I have also read through hundreds of comments of former Kodak employees from where it is more than clear that the enterprise was deliberately sucked dry since already the late 1970s. The Super-8 boom allured the locusts.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-Eastman-Kodak-RVW5992419.htm

The current version of 7222 has a very different smell than before, the image looks more like a Plus-X that a Double-X with deeper blacks. Running sensitograms we had to reduce the development time a bit. The stock could very well be made by another company. I have run Double-X for more than 30 years and I can identify it from color or Plus-X by smell in the darkroom.

Anyway, the images look very good and that is what counts;

Here is a sad youtube video: https://youtu.be/JDzQ1gx71EI