Is there a lot of Fujifilm left?

Actually, I'm just a kid in college majoring in computer science that just happens to have an interest in the technical aspects of motion picture and television production, and while in the future, I plan to make digital and high frame rate content, I don't want to kill off 24 fps or actual film, because 35mm film helped influence today's digital cinema technology.

• Site Sponsor

Digital HFR content? You mean Soap Operas? :blink:

Very unfortunate decision by Fuji IMO and I am needing to get 3 or 4 rolls of Eterna to finish a film I am making, I sent an amail to the Fuji rep and no response yet but it is the holidaze..

-Rob-

No, I mean Peter Jackson's The Hobbit trilogy. He shot those movies at 48 fps, and I have a feeling more high frame rate content is coming, yet I still want to shoot 24 fps and Kodak film in the future, I think. You think I have a chance, especially in this economy?

from what I read that particular swallow isn't close to making anything resembling summer.

• Premium Member

Not to hijack this thread, but I saw the Hobbit in the 48 fps 3D format. It did look slightly more "soap opera" to me and I was much more aware of the flaws in the effects than I was in the original Lord of the Rings movies. Don't know if they cheaped out somehow on the effects or the new format shows flaws more but either way I wasn't happy with it. It did seem brighter than most of the digital 3D projections I have seen recently which is a good thing.

Jordan,

Here is the current sales contact info for FUJI Motion Picture Film Sales USA:

Toll free: 888-424-FUJI (3854)

Local: 714-372-4300

Fax: 714-894-6018

Order Desk: 888-424-FUJI, select 1 or 714-372-4301

Order Desk e-mail: InfoMP@fujifilm.com

Order Desk Hours: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Standard Time

You will get a faster response if you call instead of sending an email.

• 4 weeks later...

Not to hijack this thread, but I saw the Hobbit in the 48 fps 3D format. It did look slightly more "soap opera" to me and I was much more aware of the flaws in the effects than I was in the original Lord of the Rings movies. Don't know if they cheaped out somehow on the effects or the new format shows flaws more but either way I wasn't happy with it. It did seem brighter than most of the digital 3D projections I have seen recently which is a good thing.

i agree, like those 120hz flat screen tvs.... it's a weird feeling, almost unwatchable if you don't turn off the "high refresh" rate sampling.

i wonder why tv manufacturers are pushing that technology.