Thoughts on Film and Digital

Brent Powers

• Premium Member

Of course I don't. Because you are the only person that understands anything around here, Tyler. Get over yourself, dude.

Why are you picking on me? John is the person who put you in your place related to catering, I was merely agreeing with him.

Richard did the same thing when it came to "good" movies, earlier in this thread. I merely agreed with him.

Stop the "beef" dude, it's getting old.

I posted a "workable" budget, based on actual data that took time to compile. What have you done? Why don't you read it and learn from it, instead of blasting one minuscule part?

• Premium Member

You pay to make it right, or you're not ready to make it.

You wonder why the "beef" when you make comments like this? It isnt a beef, it is how you talk dude. You are speaking about people who are far more successful than you but you still act like they are hacks. What have you done that gives you a right to criticize them?

• Premium Member

Welcome to the Internet... And you do know, this is an Internet forum, a place to share your opinions on things, right? There are millions of people bitching and moaning about everything on the Internet. That's just the reality of things. Most of them probably don't have a clue what they're talking about. At least I've got a little bit of one.

Tyler does you budget of $24 per person per day include beverages and craft services? You do have a separate person working crafty, don't you? After all Lincoln did free the slaves.....

The film budget should indeed have a separate person for "crafty."

This craft person should also have five star accommodation and transportation via limo to and from set each day. The crafty person should also have three assistants to help them in this noble endeavour, and a luxury trailer on set, plus another trailer to be used as an office.

The food of course should be fit for presidents and kings, nothing less will do for a film crew. If you are not flying in fresh lobster each day from Maine in a private jet then you are abusing the crew and you should be screamed out of the film business via internet forums full of film workers.

Always remember, film crews are the most skilled, most irreplaceable workers on planet earth. Any belief contrary to this is heresy.

R,

• Premium Member

The film budget should indeed have a separate person for "crafty."

This craft person should also have five star accommodation and transportation via limo to and from set each day. The crafty person should also have three assistants to help them in this noble endeavour, and a luxury trailer on set, plus another trailer to be used as an office.

The food of course should be fit for presidents and kings, nothing less will do for a film crew. If you are not flying in fresh lobster each day from Maine in a private jet then you are abusing the crew and you should be screamed out of the film business via internet forums full of film workers.

Always remember, film crews are the most skilled, most irreplaceable workers on planet earth. Any belief contrary to this is heresy.

R,

Richard, it is posts like these that make me wish I were British.

• Premium Member

Tyler does you budget of $24 per person per day include beverages and craft services? You do have a separate person working crafty, don't you? After all Lincoln did free the slaves.....

Richard is right, it's a separate entity all together.

I've done the math and tried a few things on various shoots. I think the best way to do crafty is the more traditional way, hire someone whose done it before, knows how to shop properly and pay them $150/day labor + $150/day for food.

I think it's a mistake to mix breakfast, lunch and dinner into "crafty". I've tried that tactic before on set, but it makes for longer breaks. People want run and go food during the day, so a table setup and some easy/simple food on it, works great.

I'm very much into fruit and vegetables in small coolers, healthy run and go snack packs (which crafty makes each morning) and of course, the typical chips and stuff. The big mistake people make with crafty is not spending enough and buying sugar treats, that just kills it for everyone.

Also, the "dinner" part would not be every day. Most day's we'd just serve left-overs from lunch for dinner IF we don't go overtime. It would be for the strike crew only. On days we go over, that's when a full dinner will be given prior to strike.