Eric Sampson

Finding interesting people

I'm looking do do a documentary. Any tips on how to find interesting people? I'm looking for people like rock climbers, outdoorsy people who do extreme stuff. Thanks

I'm looking do do a documentary. Any tips on how to find interesting people? I'm looking for people like rock climbers, outdoorsy people who do extreme stuff. Thanks

I got a friend who does lots of stuff like that. He has an entire documentary series about his travels.

Umm, I raced motorcycles for years, but sometimes that doesn't seem "extreme" enough.

I'm looking for people like rock climbers, outdoorsy people who do extreme stuff. Thanks

I hate to say it but "thrill seekers" are nice people, but not interesting. Interview some homeless people, heroin addicts, people who's minds are gone.

Try and find down to earth people who've suffered hardship of some kind. Who've lived by the sweat of their brow and not by tricks or games. People who lead very simple lives and are very honest. People of faith and hope. You will find wonderful stories there.

• Upvote 2

Run an ad in climbing mags or kayaking mags.

I advertised on Craigslist for a trans person for a book I was doing. Interviewed 22 trans applicants. 21 of them flaked out. The last one barley came though. I had to pay $400+ expenses for about half a day shoot.