FINALLY - Kodak Super 8 camera!

Goran Barac

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Robin Phillips said:

i just got an invite to order one, but its through B&H. are they managing the sales or did I get an extremely targeted svam email?

don't know if it is spam or not but B&H seems to have added it to their page https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1798046-REG/kodak_7445356_super_8_camera_black.html

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Robin Phillips said:

i just got an invite to order one, but its through B&H. are they managing the sales or did I get an extremely targeted svam email?

Yes, the sales go through B&H for the US, which surprised me as well. Why introduce a middle man to a price sensitive product? So if your email was sent by Kodak, it's not a scam, though the re-registration period to secure one has already ended to my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

Hi!

Maybe this has been answered before, but:

What happens after cartridge 999?

What happens when you are shooting a slo-mo scene where the camera doesn’t record sound? Will this also increase the scene counter so that the number of scenes on the film matches the numbers in the file-names? Or do they only count the scenes with recorded sound?

What’s the actual recording format? (WAV is just a container that supports different formats, e.g. 16bit PCM with 44.1kHz sampling rate - or 48kHz or 96kHz.)

Does the camera support stereo sound (if yes - via microphone or via line-in or via both)?

A5F7060F-A0C9-48C4-BFEB-59A89E1B2364.jpeg

6D63D923-8866-46AE-A3FF-B7173335EF67.jpeg

On 12/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, David Sekanina said:

Yes, the sales go through B&H for the US, which surprised me as well. Why introduce a middle man to a price sensitive product? So if your email was sent by Kodak, it's not a scam, though the re-registration period to secure one has already ended to my knowledge.

It's not very price sensitive at £4000!