Uli Meyer

35mm Home Movie

Look beautiful Uli, I’m inspired to dust off my moviecam- I think I have (possibly) the last 6000 feet of fuji eterna in existence...

im curious- what sort of price per foot can you get at Kodak for processing and tk these days? Do they deal with small minimums?

Not used film in nearly 10 years..!

cheers

15 hours ago, charles g clark said:

im curious- what sort of price per foot can you get at Kodak for processing and tk these days? Do they deal with small minimums?

It is always worth getting in touch with them and see if you can make a deal. 400ft is the minimum but again, just ask. 35mm develop and scan is expensive but since I do not own a car and have no mortgage,  I can swing this occasionally.

Now here is an example of the importance of keeping the info with and within the films. It underscores the fact that ...sooner or later you'll all end up on eBay. 

This guys film life ended up at a storage unit auction and made its way to eBay. That is were all the films came from.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&ul_noapp=true&_ssn=geam_1&item=284053968728&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313&_nkw=16mm&_sacat=0

The pickers will get your remains at the storage units or estate sales and all of the particulars are lost to history. (If they are not well documented.) In this case the collector put his name on the cans. But with home movies and photos it is 99% of the time. As well as films I get from other collectors. No chain of provenance.

And sometimes the lost history is 100% of the time. I have a huge collection of bobbysoxers. 100% unknowns.

https://archive.org/details/BobbySoxersD.D.TeoliJr.A.C..

Every once in a while, if you are lucky, they write down the first names of the people on the back of a photo. Doesn't do you much good, but at least they tried.

Make sure all your work is documented and the related ephemera is preserved on any personal and commercial projects you work on. 

Edited by Daniel D. Teoli Jr.