panagiotis agapitou

Labs can process 5219 still film ?

You mean '19 repackaged as still film? I don't see why not in principle, but there's always a minimum charge, and you may not want to pay for 120m to get 1.5m processed.

They may not be used to the handling either. No reason for a MP lab to have a cassette opener.

thats a good question.......'cos many people in the photography world getting into it...the problem being, for people like me who process my own colour negative and BW....the remjet

We had an employee who ran his own still lab and would run ECN2 still in the PhotoMec at Cinelab.

Joe moved to Taipei and so that stopped.

It is allot of prep work to staple all those little still clips together and get them twin-checked and prepped.

With the pandemic reduced staff and fairly high volumes of motion picture film coming in it is just impossible for us to offer this service at a reasonable turnaround time or price right now.

1 minute ago, Robert Houllahan said:

We had an employee who ran his own still lab and would run ECN2 still in the PhotoMec at Cinelab.

Joe moved to Taipei and so that stopped.

It is allot of prep work to staple all those little still clips together and get them twin-checked and prepped.

With the pandemic reduced staff and fairly high volumes of motion picture film coming in it is just impossible for us to offer this service at a reasonable turnaround time or price right now.

glad to hear film is rolling in in volumes.....anything else you could enlighten us with Robert?

Joe at Cinelab was a godsend for this. Don't let the remjet discourage you! Totally reasonable to DIY on a small scale. If you can do c41 or e6, you can do ecn2. Test a roll you can afford to lose first because there is an art to avoiding the scratches. I like to use my fingers to squeegee about 2-3 feet of the film at a time after the processing is done, and clean my fingers each pass in water then photoflo. Takes 3-4 rounds usually to get rid of the remjet, but you can do it! Make sure you keep a sous vide temp bath (bathtub works great) This kit is what you want. https://www.freestylephoto.biz/9120002-QWD-ECN-2-Home-Processing-Kit-to-make-1-Liter

Yeah allot of stills shooters are missing Lumens Lab (Joe) and while I would want to support ECN2 Stills we are just over worked and the time and staff it takes isn't practical for Cinelab right now.

What is real relation of Portra film to Vision3 film....does anyone know for a fact....people have opinions.....Portra 800 is my go-to film for pro work.....it reminds me of 500T albeit tungsten balanced......

for UK/Europe based interest....i have just asked Cinelab London this question......will let you know what they say.....