Eclair Flea Market

Gregg MacPherson

• 2 weeks later...

For sale on ebay Germany I have a nice ACL film mag 60m / 200ft. eBay-Artikelnummer:  314008244875.

I've used it with my ACLII S-16 with no issues like scratches ...

More parts like viewfinder, lens adapter ACL-Nikon will come soon.

Please have a look,

Volker

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Volker Bendt said:

For sale on ebay Germany I have a nice ACL film mag 60m / 200ft. eBay-Artikelnummer:  314008244875.

Volker, if that mag is good to go its a great price. May be worth putting something on the Marketplace subforum also. I had a quick look at how Google search responds to "eclair acl 400' mags for sale" and Cine Marketplace on this forum was at the top. Hopefully that is not a result peculiar to just me....

Google may be responding to traffic volume, behaviour, or it may be language: marketplace vs flea market.

Can we circle back later to the issue of using unmodified mags for S16. You're not the first to succeed with that.  Lets do it then, in a dedicated thread...

Gregg

Edited by Gregg MacPherson
added info

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Hey look there's a nice NPR on ebay!  Oh right, it's mine.  I've been buying too many of them, time to de-hoard a bit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255562503204

As always, use the "Make offer" option and include a comment that you are on these forums and I'll be more willing to accept your lowball offer 🙂

Duncan

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member

Interesting NPR on ebay (not my listing!)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175344622428

The fact that it ran once after a total rebuild, then has been on a shelf for over a decade, means it's a bit of a risk, but at least it shouldn't be all worn, even if it might require some work to wake it up properly.  Certainly seems well-equipped.

That's a very interesting motor - it would appear to be a slightly modernized Perfectone motor (two crystal speeds, not all the other bells and whistles of some of the more well-known updates to that motor) but a VERY interesting cradle replacement - with a more stable foot/handle arrangement, and a provision for standard rods, including a clever set of cleats on the motor to hold them better than just the clamp holes alone.

Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Spotted on ebay (not mine): 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284927608745

That's an NPR that continued to be given modern updates long after I would have assumed that was sane.  Anyone know anything about that motor?  The picture isn't quite square on enough to tell for sure but it sure looks like an S16 gate.  Wonder if the obviously non-factory lens mount is centered properly for that?  Wonder if the factory Cameflex mount is?  Is that new mount Arri-B?  Why go to all that trouble for S16 conversion and add a B-mount not a PL-mount?  (It might speak to when the conversion was done.)

That's a crazy amount of money for an NPR but it also is far and away the most modern well-equipped NPR I've seen.  Hope someone here buys it and tells us more about it 🙂

Duncan